Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lip Balm Review & Swatches || I may have a lip balm problem...



Hello my blooming buds!

Continuing on with showing you my collection of beauty products, I bring you my lip balms! I love lip balms for their moisturizing properties, SPF, and sheer colors. The best thing about tinted lip balms is that you don't have to be precise in application to get a great color! I carry four lip balms in my purse at all times for variety on the go! I didn't do lip swatches since there were so many and my lips were so sore after just the lipstick swatches.


From left to right: Maybelline Baby Lips in 10 Peppermint, Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, Jolly Rancher Apple Lip Balm, Softlips in Winter Mint.

Maybelline Baby Lips in 10 Peppermint SPF 20: After buying my first Baby Lips (Peach Kiss), I wasn't all too impressed enough to buy another one, but my friend from university was totally loving the Peppermint Baby Lips. I do love a tingly mint lip balm so I caved in and bought it. That was when my love for Baby Lips blossomed! I love the feeling of minty lip products and this one applies like butter and feels light on the lips.

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15: I got this one as a part of the birthday gift from Sephora. I have not felt a lip balm like this before! It feels like a waxier version of a chapstick, in a really good way. It's lemon scented, like most of the line, which I like. It does feel a bit heavy, but it's like I can feel the good that it's doing for my lips, like a face mask for your lips. The full size is super pricey so I wont be actually purchasing this when I finally run out.

Jolly Rancher Apple Lip Balm: This one was bought when I was in that green apple loving phase (I do still love green apple flavored things!). There's no sheen to this at all so it stays looking natural. Of course there's no real benefit to wearing this as it is more for novelty.

Softlips in Winter Mint SPF 20: I bought this as part of the limited edition winter collection. I love mint so I caved in an bought this and the vanilla one (I have no idea where it went). It's very soft so you don't have to push down too hard when you apply it. That little nub sticking out of the tube is all that's left. There's really not a lot of product in there. This is a sweet mint flavor that I love. I'm not too sure if this comes out every Christmas season since I bought this ages ago.




From left to right: Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom, The Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm in Watermelon Crush, Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment, Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry.


Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom: This is my one and only Burt's Bees product I have and I love it. I do want to get more colors in this line, but they are pretty pricey for drugstore lip balms. This is a lovely sheer pink that almost leans mauve. It's a standard lip balm texture, which I have no problem with.


The Body Shop Delipscious Tinted Lip Balm in Watermelon Crush: I saw that the Body Shop was having a clearance sale so I decided to pop in and have my first look at the place. I went immediately for the tinted lip balms they had. These are discontinued, but they have another Delipscious line of sheer lip colors still on their website that are on clearance. I got this one because of the cute baby pink color. This was when I learned that baby pink colors like this are a big no no for lip balms. This accentuates every wrinkle in my lips and the milkiness of the formula make it SUPER smushy. When you twist it up, it wont twist back down. I really hate it the darn thing. It does smell fantastic, like watermelon candy.

Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment SPF 15: This is just like the clear version in smell and texture that I mentioned above except with a nice sheer pink tint. It's a "barely there" color that's easy to wear for tinted lip balm beginners.

Clinique Chubby Stick in Super Strawberry: I love colors with the word strawberry in them! This has a great color pay off and like all Clinique products, it's unscented. This is one of the four that I carry in my purse at all times. I love the twisty pencil packaging on this. I haven't tried any other lip balms in this sort of packaging before, but I might have to try them after this success with the Chubby Stick.



From left to right: Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet, Maybelline Baby Lips Electro in 85 Oh! Orange!, Maybelline Baby Lips in 30 Peach Kiss, NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red, NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Applelicious Pink



Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet: After hearing all the rave about the Lip Butters when they first came out, I went and bought my first one! I didn't own any red color lip product so I gathered some bravery and bought Red Velvet. I love how opaque this is! Like the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm, I have not bought another one because I feel that it's pricey for a drugstore lip balm. I will go out and get another once the hit of buying textbooks has died down. The texture is like thick butter and it smells like a cake with caramel.

Maybelline Baby Lips Electro in 85 Oh! Orange!: I really hope that the Electro line of Baby Lips is permanent! Since I'm still on my orangey coral kick, I chose to try out Oh! Orange! first to see if the formula was changed at all. It's pretty much the same and the color really shows! It's still sheer so on your lips it doesn't look like you painted your lips orange. It smells like artificial oranges too. I really want to get more of these! These are so affordable and great for your lips!


Maybelline Baby Lips in 30 Peach Kiss: This will probably be the only disappointing Baby Lips I will have bought in my lifetime. I was looking for a nude lip balm so I got this one. It smells great, but there are shimmers in here and it has that milkiness that brings out your lip wrinkles.


NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red: Another affordable lip balm here with great color pay off! This was the first one I bought after walking through the make up section at Walmart. The cute apple shape that goes through the middle of the stick of lip balm is so adorable! These even smell like apples too! Big Apple Red is a sheer jelly looking red. I would say that these feel like the Maybelline Baby Lips.


NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Applelicious Pink: A couple days after buying Big Apple Red, I bought Applelicious Pink. This is a hot pink, almost fuchsia color. It has the same texture and smell as the Big Apple Red.



Well that was a handful! I hope you enjoyed this mega review. Up next are the few lip glosses I have!


Buh-bye xo

No comments:

Post a Comment