Saturday, August 10, 2013

Palette Review & Swatches || Urban Decay Naked2 Palette

Hello my blooming buds!



This past Christmas, I received a Naked2 palette from one of my besties that works at Sephora. I was pretty excited since I did not own any Urban Decay eye shadows at the time and saw all the hype with the Naked line. 


It comes in a nice metal case with a mini sized Lip Junkie in the color Naked. The case feels very solid and durable, unlike the original Naked palette which is a cardboard material. There's a nice size mirror, like usual, and dual ended brush with soft bristles. The brush that comes with this palette is my go-to brush.

Here's some palette to swatch comparisons. These were swatched without primer.



Foxy: Matte light cream. Good brow bone highlight.
Half Baked: Shimmery golden bronze.
Bootycall: Shimmery beige. Another good brow bone highlight and for inner corner.
Chopper: Metallic copper with a bit of silver micro glitter. Darker than Shag from the Deluxe Shadow Box.




Tease: Matte mushroom brown. I really like this color for an everyday look. Probably my favorite color in the entire palette.
Snakebite: Metallic dark bronze. A lovely crease shade.
Suspect: Metallic muted gold.
Pistol: Metallic gray brown.




Verve: Shimmery muted grayish beige.
YDK: Metallic cool toned bronze.
Busted: Shimmery dark brown.
Blackout: Matte black. This is just as black as Make Up Forever's eye shadow in Black 4. As you can see it has broken due to someone bumping into the table my palette was on. The whole pan has come off, but I put it back in to take pictures. 

 The Naked2 palette retails for $50.00 USD. Looking at the original Naked palette and this one, I do like the Naked2 better, but having both palettes would make a complete set for natural/neutral colors. I personally would not pay the $50 it costs since I'm a broke university student and it kills me to spend that much money at one time. But if you have the money to spare, I would recommend it. Urban Decay eye shadows are always so pigmented and long lasting, even without a primer.

Which do you like better? The Naked or Naked2 palette?

Buh-bye xo

5 comments:

  1. I really want to try the Naked 2 palette (it's my favourite out of the two naked ones), the colours are so pigmented!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great buy that's worth it if you can afford since you can use it everyday for any kind of look! (:

      Delete
  2. I really want these palettes, but they're out of my price range so ill have to save up to buy them!

    p.s. I LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks! I love your blog too. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colours in the naked 2 are so nice, but a little frosty for my liking. i can see why Tease is your favourite colour out of that palette; its gorgeous <3
    i have the naked 1 and i should really show it a little more love haha

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete