Monday, August 12, 2013

Nail Polish Swatch & Review || Maybelline Color Show Nail Laquer Polka Dots in Blue Marks the Spot




Hello my blooming buds!


I finally got my hands on Maybelline's new polka dots nail polish in one of the colors I wanted! They've been sold out at my nearest Walmart, two CVS stores, and a Walgreens. The only colors they had left were the orange and clear ones. I'm still on the look out for the pink and green one. I'm kind of jealous that the UK versions of this nail polish have darker shades, but I would rather have the US version over the UK version. 


Blue Marks the Spot has black and white matte glitters in different sizes in a sheer milky blue jelly base. This is my first jelly type of nail polish and I really love the "glitter sandwich" look. I put on three coats of this to achieve this opacity. The only gripe I have with this polish is that I wish that it didn't catch so much of the glitter per coat so that I can build up the color without have a mass amount of glitter. But if you like having a lot of glitter applied per coat, this is for you. I bet it would be great as a top coat on white polish.

What do you think about the glitter sandwich look on nails?

Buh-bye xo

3 comments:

  1. These look fantastic! I really like the polka dot look :)
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks fantastic on your nails~love it! i haven't even seen this nail color, yet. It's so cool how it has the jelly base and the different textures/sizes/colors in it. I hope I can get one of these really soon, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's milky so you see the layering on the glitter. (: They're pretty cheap too; around $3.50 USD at my Walmart.

      Delete