Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lipstick Review & Swatches || The Collection So Far


Hello my blooming buds!


I've got a small collection of lipsticks so I thought I would share all of them with you in one go. It's still image heavy so get ready for this!


From right to left and bottom: NYX Matte Lipstick in Strawberry Daiquiri, Shiseido Advanced Performance Lipstick in 108 Mauve Breeze, Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 070 Airy Fairy, Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 109, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 750 Kiss Me Coral, NYX Slim Lip Pencil in 824 Orange.


These are my bare lips. Dry, uneven, chapped, dead skin covered, mismatched colored, and all.


NYX Matte Lipstick in Strawberry Daiquiri
I've heard many raves about NYX lipsticks and decided to give it a try with a matte one. This is a strawberry pink that is more flattering with those that have lighter skin. I find this color to be great for an everyday look, but it's also very drying. My lips are already dry so this accentuates them. However, it looks great with a lip balm under it. I'm not a fan of the packaging on these. It has a really cheapy feel. I'll have to try the NYX black label and round lipsticks in the future.


Shiseido Advanced Performance Lipstick in 108 Mauve Breeze
I found this gem in my mom's make up cabinet of forgotten-ness. This isn't so much mauve as it is pink, but this shade is my perfect natural color so it's great for everyday wear. This is also incredibly moisturizing and is light weight on the lips. Sadly this is a discontinued line for Shiseido so I will be using it with care!


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 070 Airy Fairy
This is another discontinued lipstick from Rimmel. Airy Fairy is a shimmery pink nude which looks best on lighter skin folks. I personally don't like the formula of this since it accentuates the dead skin and dryness of my lips, but I do love the color.


Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in 109
I've been eyeing this one for a while since I heard that it was supposed to be a close dupe for Revlon's Matte Lipstick in Strawberry Suede. This is a brighter version of the NYX's Strawberry Daiquiri, though more coral. This isn't as matte as the NYX lipstick, but this is more moisturizing. I really love coral colors and the packaging of this lipstick. It makes it feel like a high end lipstick.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 750 Kiss Me Coral
This is my all time favorite lipstick that I own. It's a bright orangey coral with a creme finish. I've been wearing this out a lot lately on it's own or mattifying it (I'll do a little tutorial on that soon). This picture doesn't do it justice on how bright and fun of a color it is. Even though the fall is fast approaching, it's always a summery weather in Hawaii so pulling off this color is a breeze!


NYX Slim Lip Pencil in 824 Orange
I was wondering whether or not to bother with a lip liner, but I decided to try it out since I have some bright coral lipsticks that need a bit more precision. This is a perfect match to Revlon's Kiss Me Coral and goes well with Rimmel's 109. It applies smoothly and has a matte finish. This is not an automatic liner so you will have to sharpen it. I'm glad I got this lip liner because I can wear it on it own for a super light weight feeling.

There goes my lips! They're a bit red and swollen from all these swatches. If you've got suggestions of coral shade lipsticks, let me know! I'm always on the lookout!

Buh-bye xo

3 comments:

  1. I really like Nyx's strawberry daiquiri! Lol my lipstick collection only consists of one lipstick which is the rimmel kate moss lipstick in 103 haha I'll try the nyx one next time :)

    xx Annie

    annieleaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah and thanks for the follow btw!
    followed you back on bloglovin'

    xx Annie

    ReplyDelete