Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Palette Review & Swatches || Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

Hello my blooming buds!

I took my mom out shopping after her birthday lunch earlier this week and we popped by Nordstrom Rack to look at some goodies. I've never been there in a long time so I hit immediately hit up the cosmetics area to see if there was anything worth getting. There were so many high end palettes there for so cheap! I stuck with just getting one since I didn't know how much stuff my mom was picking out. 



The Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box is an older palette with nine shadows, two dual ended sponge applicators, and a travel size primer potion. I will probably never use the sponge applicators, but it's nice for emergencies. I already have a full size of the squeeze tube primer potion so this mini size will be saved for a trip. (;


The palette is make like the Naked palette, cardboard covered with velvet, but with the added mesh. The inside has a nice sized mirror and lovely floral detail.


Here's some swatches next to the palette for comparison.

Fishnet: Duo-chrome fuchsia with a hint of blue sheen. One of my favorites from this palette, although it'll be hard to figure out how to wear.

Honey: Metallic yellow gold. Really lovely shade of gold.

Ransom: Chrome blue tinted purple. This is almost duo-chrome looking. It can flash blue to purple at different angles.

Graffiti: Chrome jade green. It's a great wearable green that isn't too neon-y or too bright.

Zero: Matte black with very minimal sparkles. I thought this was just like it's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil counter part, but there were some subtle shimmers.

Peace: Chrome robin's egg/turquoise. Another one of my favorites. This is the shade that made me choose this palette over the Ammo palette. 

Shag: Metallic copper. I have a feeling I have something similar to this on my Naked 2 palette. 

Scratch: Metallic rose gold. I don't have a metallic shade like this so I'm excited to use it!

Underground: Metallic burnt taupe. Another one where I think I have something similar on my Naked 2 palette.


This palette is super fun and great for spontaneous looks while still having natural colors for toning it down. At $9.97 at Nordstrom Rack, it was a steal compared to it's regular price of $38! You can also get it for $10 on the Urban Decay website, but you'd have to pay for shipping.

What kind of eye look would you create with this palette?

Buh-bye xo

No comments:

Post a Comment