Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday for the Soul #1

Hello, my blooming buds,

How's the weekend been treating you all?

Sunday for the Soul is going to be my little recap and take on what I've learned at church. I go to a lovely church that has classic and contemporary worships. I go to the classic worship service since I rather like the traditional hymns. 

Up until I was a second year in university, I've gone to a Korean Presbyterian church. I absolutely hated the stereotypical gossiping and the outwardly hypocritical nature of that place, but since it was easy for my mom to go to, I would go. I was a Sunday School teacher for a couple years and thought that would be a good way to give back. Unfortunately, it wasn't allowing me to grow in knowledge as a Christian. I did enjoy my class of kindergartners; they were so adorable!

My mom noticed that I wasn't entirely happy with being at a Korean church where it is extremely political (More political than a "normal" church). She offered to come with me to a church that I used to be in the children's choir at. I vaguely remembered it, but I said "why not?"

I love Central Union church! The hospitality and fellowship is amazing! Not to mention the property is so beautiful!


I look forward to being greeted in the morning by people that are genuinely happy to see you every Sunday and the holy feeling you get while sitting in the pews. 


In the movie Dogma by Kevin Smith, there was a bit that really spoke to me. It was the part where the main character was saying that when you're a kid, you didn't doubt God. He was there and that was all to it. The cup was small so it's easy to fill. But, when you grow up, there are more things that you think about and it complicates it. The cup is bigger when you're an adult and it's harder to fill. I feel that moving to this church has made it better to fill the large cup of my soul.

This first Sunday for the Soul was a long one! Care to share your spiritual journeys?

Buh-bye xo

No comments:

Post a Comment